Friday, October 2, 2015

Lovely Movies: Finding Neverland

Whenever I'm home sick with a cold or flu I tend to watch old favorites. It had been quite some time since I'd last seen Finding Neverland, so it was due for another watch. I thought I knew what to expect, but it still blew me away.


The story itself is wonderful, intriguing and quite the emotional roller coaster, but my favorite thing is Freddie Highmore's performance. It made me cry when I first saw it -back when films never made me cry- and it still does today.


Anyway, this is a film full of wonder and imagination, but also of harsh realities and very bad luck. Which is, of course, why we so need the first. It is based on J.M. Barrie's life and how he came to write Peter Pan.


I will actually be reading Peter Pan soon, and after that I might even read a J.M. Barrie biography at some point. Although it might not quite live up to the magic of this movie… But he seems intriguing and I'd like know more.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh I've never seen it - definitely one to put on my list, also hope October is a cold free month for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...