Friday, April 3, 2015

Lovely Movies: In the Land of Women

This movie gets quite mediocre ratings online, but I think that mostly has to do with wrong assumptions. If you look at the poster/DVD, you'll expect it to be some sort of teenage high-school love story. Well, think again, my friend.


There is some romance in it, but to me that's not the main focus at all. It's much more about profound human connections. On one end of the spectrum there are family ties, on the other, short-lived but life-altering friendships.


I first saw this on a plane, never forgot it, and actually just saw it for the third or forth time. It struck a chord with me even more this time around. There is just something very honest and profound in this story. And well, Meg Ryan.

3 comments:

  1. Okay I won't shy away and say I didn't have the biggest crush on seth from the OC :P I think I shall definitely have to give this a watch, despite my fan girl ways I also appreciate a film with awesome character development too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was my favorite character on the OC too! And I'll hope you'll enjoy this movie:)

      Delete
  2. This looks good, will have to watch when the boyfriend has gone out sometime :)

    Meme xx

    New post:
    '10 Things Boy's Just Don't Understand'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...