Thursday, December 4, 2014

Mixed Shelf #20

Still making my way through my library books. I finished two out of five, and am now busy reading the children's books I picked up. So far so good, but I have to admit I have many, many pages left to read before they're finished.


Wanting: Keeper of Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger
This is a new series that is bound to get big soon. Lots of people have been raving about it, and it has a ridiculously high rating on Goodreads. Anyway, it's a magical middle grade book about two telepaths that need to work together. You know I love middle grade, and if a book is so well-received by adults as well, I really want to read it!


Reading: Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver
Sticking with middle grade... I just picked up Liesl and Po from the library. I read one Lauren Oliver ("Before I Fall") and though it was an ok read, I did not love it. However, this is off to quite a promising start. And one thing I love about books for younger audiences is that they cut out all the standard teen issues, and just leave the magic.


Waiting: Lockwood & Co. by Jonathan Stroud
I bought this at a book signing, and though I was so excited to buy it, I have to admit I haven't started it yet. And I won't have time to read it this year, but I might be able to still squeeze it into this winter. Can't say if it's good yet, but Jonathan Stroud was just wonderful. Really friendly and enthusiastic! So I almost recommend this in advance.



Have you picked up anything from the library recently? Or read any fun middle grade?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...