Sunday, August 10, 2014

Lovely Movies: the Fault in Our Stars

Shailene Woodley made one hell of a Hazel. Not my Hazel, but she was so good I couldn't help but believe her to be Hazel as the movie went on. Now Augustus on the other hand. I just didn't like Ansel Elgort as Gus. Okay? Okay.


What issue do I have with him? He doesn't have emotion in his eyes and he came across as a way cockier guy than the Gus from the book. Anyway, it was still a good movie. A great one actually, though with some lesser parts...


I also noticed a few mistakes, especially Dutch things, being an "Amsterdame" myself. (I heard myself think: "wait, that tram doesn't go there".) But I still loved seeing my city in a movie and was relieved they hired some actual Dutch actors too.

Anyway, if you haven't seen it yet, but you plan to… bring tissues. I can not emphasize this enough. I thought I'd cry once or twice, but I have to admit I was sobbing through most of it. And of course I couldn't find my own Kleenex…

1 comment:

  1. I loved the film! I thought it did a good job of following the book - although it wasn't quite as good as the book. I cried the whole way thru.... I agree, gus wasn't quite right.... And his clothes were bad.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...