Friday, May 16, 2014

Lovely Movies: Divergent

When the whole Divergent hype broke loose, I decided to just sit this one out. I was a bit done with YA and the whole repeated romance stuff. However, as time went on I started getting second thoughts and went to see the movie.


And I really, really enjoyed it! The five factions are really clever because anyone will find one, or more, they're really drawn to. But apart from that the story was surprisingly good too, as were the twists... and the costumes!


Also, I love Ashley Judd! And she kicked some serious ass in this movie. The entire cast was actually amazing. Shailene was great yet again -as she was in the Descendants- and I am now a lot less worried about the Fault in our Stars.


So, the real question remains… Will I start reading the books after all? Probably, yes. I'd like to at least. I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy the first and I just hope the sequels will be good too. Either way, I'm sure it'll be a quick read anyway.

Did you read the books? Do you recommend I check them out?

3 comments:

  1. It looks pretty good, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I haven't read the books or anything, but might - let me know if you do and enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it anything like the hunger games? I'm debating seeing it. x

    littlekaatie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been sitting on the fence about watching the movie. One one hand, I want to see it. On the other, I'm worried it will be too action-packed....I still haven't been able to bring myself to finish the first chapter of the second book, even though I really like the Amity faction...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...