Friday, March 21, 2014

Lovely Movies: A Monster in Paris

While browsing online and getting myself a few new dvds on a special sale, I came across an animation film I hadn't heard of before. It arrived just as I was coming down with that flu, so the timing could not have been better!


Nor the movie. It might be mostly for kids, but it is a beautiful and very entertaining film for adults as well. Vanessa Paradis is the leading lady and does a lot of singing as well. The music was written for this film and is very magical.

If possible watch the original version, but here's the English trailer.


The biggest advantage of owning the dvd is yet again being able to watch the extras. I loved seeing how different parts of the film were made. Seeing the voice actors, for instance. Or the dance performance as done by the choreographer, next to the same routine by the animation characters. It was all very interesting!

So if you can get your hands on this gem, definitely do watch it. It is visually stunning, the music is amazing, the atmosphere is very magical and the whole thing is set in Paris. Need I say more?

2 comments:

  1. oh looks beautiful and fun will have to track this down - I'm a sucker for an animated film :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful! I could use a good movie right about now.

    http://www.somethingmonumental.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...