Friday, November 4, 2011

Lovely Movies: Mary and Max

When I read this post on I Just Nod, I really wanted to see the Mary and Max claymation movie. A few days later the dvd happened to catch my eye while I was shopping, needless to say I bought it. And... it was amazing!



{1,2,3}

It's such a great story, both cute and sad. Though it really was amazing, I wouldn't recommend you'd watch it with young kids. As a matter of fact I'm still a bit baffled that I found it in the kids' department as it has a few scenes in it that might shock kids.


This is probably one of the best films I've seen this entire year. It is so refreshing, I have never come across anything like it before. And I love that it's even based on a true story.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this movie! I'm with you though, I'm shocked that it was in the kids section. I think America especially hasn't really embraced the idea of the cartoon as an adult medium. People see animated and immediately assume it's for children I guess.


    A Sweet Release

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been on my "to watch" list for so long now! It's just such a long list that for one reason or another I haven't gotten to it yet. I'm always happy to hear someone else has watched it and enjoyed it, though, because it lets me know it's a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love that movie. it's sad but so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks awesome, will definitely check it out!

    So cool that you have seen CocoRosie 4 times in concert! I hadn't listened to their music in a while but the mood came upon me a few days ago. I love 'Lyla'!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...