Friday, September 23, 2011

Lovely Movies: Grave of the Fireflies



Ever since I read something about this movie years ago, it has been on my list of things to watch. I finally did and I have to say, it definitely left an impression. It is the cutest and saddest film I have ever seen.
If you are still unsure about animation movies, you will be blown away. It is so very human, so beautiful and so emotional too. And I have no shame at all in saying I had to cry.


Ok, so maybe I got really depressed and thought the world wasn't a great place at all, but I don't regret watching it. And... I will never look at Japanese hard candy the same, because it will always remind me of little Setsuko.

Oh, and one word of advice, watch it in Japanese. I saw bits of it in English and it just takes a whole dimension away.

4 comments:

  1. My anime story began when I was a little girl and my grandpa would record movies on old VHS tapes. I had a memory of pieces of an anime movie, and my sisters had other memories. We finally put them all together and came up with....Unico!!! It was very entertaining to watch it on YouTube years later!

    Cute blog! I just wanted to say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip! I really like anime and I've never seen this one before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my all-time favourite films! It is so beautiful and sad, and I love the way it brings a terrible moment in Japanese history to life.

    I have become *even more* emotional about anything involving children being abandonned or in danger since having my son, so I'm not sure how I'd cope watching this now! But it's such a magical film I know I'll watch it again - maybe with my son when he's older... We have it on DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this movie! I haven't seen it in so long.

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/MandyCrandell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...