Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Owl Things Considered

On my vacation last year I made this soapstone owl-like figure. I still have yet to sand it and maybe do some finishing touches as well. I have plans of buying soapstone and files so I can do this at home too. I have so many ideas for it!


But I'm also really happy I have this one. Though I wish I'd taken a picture of the rock before I started working on it to get a nice before/after set. Instead here's a front/back shot;)


Before I started I did a quick little sketch. I didn't stick to it completely, but I like both of them.


Soon I'll also be taking part in a soapstone workshop. I have yet to set the date, but I will keep you guys updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...